Never heard of Canadian cuisine, eh?
Well, Canadians do a lot more than promote peace, shiver in the cold, and play hockey, of course, Especially in the fertile province of Quebec.
Our neighbor to the North is being celebrated this week at Food Emporium's "Taste of Quebec Week". The upscale grocery chain will be offering a variety of Canadian products, including meats and poultry, artisanal cheeses, seafood and baked goods.
Starting May 28th, these gourmet Canadian food products can be found right here at home. We've got the skinny on what brands you can sample:
- Du Breton – Family owned and operated, this company offers a variety of pork products
- Montpak International – Well known for its humanely raised veal products, and one of the largest veal producers in North America
- Brome Lake – For over 100 years, the Brome Lake Duck Farm has been offering fresh, all natural ducks, and is well recognized for providing consumers with a flavorful, less fatty duck product
- Atkins & Frères – This family owned business is dedicated to creating high-quality smoked fish, and is known for their Atlantic salmon pavé
- Cheeses: Quebec boasts 300 varities of artisinal cheese, all produced with hormone-free milk. Producers featured at the event include the Damafro and Alexis de Portneuf brands
- Maple Syrup: We could hardly picture a Canadian food week without our fave maple syrup! “Taste of Québec” is offering two premium brands, including Möpure and La Ferme Martinette--made with 100% maple sap, of course.
Thanks, Canada! Happy eating!